Friday, January 29, 2010

Rooney: Don't Look On Manchester United As A One-Man Team

Roo reckons Red Devils would survive without him.

Wayne Rooney has brushed aside claims that Manchester United are a 'one-man team' who would struggle without their star striker.

The Liverpudlian forward has been in stellar form this term, his 21 goals in all competitions making the Old Trafford faithful forget all about Cristiano Ronaldo.

Sol Campbell has dubbed his fellow countryman as United's 'talisman', while Chelsea boss Carlo Ancelotti went a step further by declaring that the Red Devils would be no threat without the 24-year-old.

But Rooney said in The Sun: "Don't look on us as a one-man team or see it as a great burden on me, it's nonsense.

"If I don't get the service, I can't score. If I don't, I expect others to and we've done that well.

"We've shared the goals out well and it's certainly not just about me. We expect to win as a team, not as individuals."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Cheap Web Hosting | Top Web Hosts | Great HTML Templates from easytemplates.com.