There is two Posseblelity of Final exam test, i got this hard way .... enjoy it
CCNA 3.1 Semester 1 Final Exam Result Correct 100% (Option 1)
1. Which devices will create multiple collision domains in an Ethernet network? (Choose two.)
2. How many collision domains are shown in the diagram?
3. Refer to the exhibit. The physical documentation shows a portion of the internetwork of the ABC Company. Which segments will be free of collisions?
segments 3, 4, and 5
4. Refer to the exhibit. Which diagram represents the network topology that an administrator would prefer, and why would the administrator prefer it?
Diagram A. It will better provide available bandwidth to the hosts.
5. After an unsuccessful ping to the local router, the technician decides to investigate the router. The technician observes that the lights and fan on the router are not operational. In which layer of the OSI model is the problem most likely occurring?
6. Refer to the exhibit. How many broadcast domains are shown?
7. Refer to the exhibit. A network associate needs to establish an Ethernet connection between Host A and Host B. However, the distance between the two hosts is further than the cabling standards allow. Which two devices that operate at the physical layer of the OSI can be used to allow Host A and Host B to communicate? (Choose two.)
8. Refer to the exhibit. What must be configured on Host B to allow it to communicate with the file server? (Choose three.)
a unique host IP address
the subnet mask for the LAN
the default gateway address
9. Refer to the exhibit. Host A pings Host B. What can be concluded about the source and destination addresses contained in the communication sent by Router R5 when it forwards the ping out the Ethernet interface to Host B? (Choose two.)
source MAC address: 5555.AAAA.6666
destination IP address: 192.168.10.134
10. What is the correct number of usable subnetworks and hosts for the IP network address 192.168.35.0 subnetted with a /28 mask?
14 networks / 14 hosts
11. Refer to the exhibit. The network administrator wants to create a subnet for the point-to-point connection between the two routers. Which subnetwork mask would provide enough addresses for the point-to-point link with the least number of wasted addresses?
12. Refer to the exhibit. A network technician is trying to determine the correct IP address configuration for Host A. What is a valid configuration for Host A?
IP address: 192.168.100.20; Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.240; Default Gateway: 192.168.100.17
13. Two peer hosts are exchanging data using TFTP. During the current session, a datagram fails to arrive at the destination. Which statement is true regarding the retransmission of the datagram?
Datagram retransmission is controlled by the application.
14. Which protocols are TCP/IP application layer protocols? (Choose two.)
15. When using Category 5 UTP cable, which RJ-45 pin pairs are used to exchange data between hosts on an Ethernet network?
1 and 2; 3 and 6
16. In the exhibit, the connections between the devices are labeled A, B, C, D, and E. For each connection, what is the correct UTP cable to use?
A=rollover, B=straight, C=straight, D=crossover, E=crossover
17. Which cable diagram displays the end to end pinout for a crossover cable used with Cisco devices?
18. Which subnet masks could be used when subnetting a Class B IP address? (Choose two.)
19. Which physical network topology is easy to monitor and troubleshoot, easy to add new devices to as the network expands, but subject to complete failure when a central hub or switch ceases to work?
20. A computer technician is asked to make a network cable. One end of the cable is pinned as a 568A and the other as a 568B. For what purposes can this cable be used? (Choose two.)
to connect a switch to a switch
to connect a hub to a switch
21. Refer to the exhibit. Workstation 1 pings the Fa0/1 interface of Router 1. Which MAC address will workstation 1 obtain during the ARP request for this communication?
22. Refer to the exhibit. A network administrator has configured a network after subnetting the network number 192.168.0.0/28. Workstation 1 is not able to communicate with Workstation 2. What is the cause of this loss in communications?
Workstation 1 is not on the same network that the Router 1 LAN interface is on.
23. Which network device creates the highest amount of latency?
24. An Ethernet host receives a frame, calculates the FCS, and compares the calculated FCS to the FCS received in the frame. The host finds that the two FCS values do not match. What action will be taken by the host?
The host discards the frame.
25. A user initiates three simultaneous FTP connections from the local host to the same FTP server. Which OSI layer is responsible for establishing and managing these different FTP connections?
26. A network administrator has installed a 24 port switch and connected 10 computers with 10/100 NICs. If the NICs are operating at 100 Mbps, how much bandwidth is available for each computer to receive data?
27. Based on the graphic above, which of the following occurs as each host system comes on line in the topology?
The switch adds MAC address to the bridge table as each host sends a frame.
28. Consider the networks shown in the exhibit. Host A is sending packets to host B. Which layer of the OSI model is being used when the router is making the calculated decision to determine which interface to send the packet out?
29. Why would a company install a switch instead of a hub when building or expanding a corporate network?
A switch provides more bandwidth by sending frames only out the port to which the destination device is attached. A hub sends the frame out all ports except the source port.
30. Refer to the exhibit. The hub and the switch are operating using factory default settings. Which hosts will receive the frame if host A transmits a broadcast frame?
Workstations B, C, D, E, and the router will receive the data.
31. Refer to the exhibit. What kind of Ethernet cable is represented?
32. The ping command can be used to test connectivity between hosts. Which OSI model layers are verified by this test?
Layers 1, 2 and 3
33. A technician is testing connectivity between the devices using the ping command. Pings between Host B and Host A were successful. The technician could not ping the R3 address 172.16.3.2 from Host A. The technician issued ipconfig from Host A and saw the information displayed in the exhibit. What is the most likely problem?
The default gateway of Host A is incorrect.
34. Why do vendors utilize the OSI model when designing networking products?
It ensures greater compatibility and interoperability with equipment from different vendors.
35. A router determines the path to deliver a packet. What layer of the OSI model does this fact represent?
36. How does a switch learn the addresses of hosts connected to its ports?
The switch reads the source MAC address on incoming frames and records it in CAM.
37. Refer to the exhibit. The connections in the exhibit are labeled A through E. Which of these indicate LAN links? (Choose two.)
38. A large company has a network that is constantly changing. The routing tables in the routers need to be adjusted to reflect the changes in the routing paths. What type of routing would the network administrator implement?
dynamic routing protocols
39. A network administrator has added a new switch to the network. The new switch connects to an existing switch that is already installed. Which UTP cable correctly connects the new switch to the existing switch?
40. Refer to the exhibit. A newly hired technician has a task of terminating CAT 5 UTP cables. The network administrator visually examined the cables the technician terminated. Some of the cables have connectors as shown in the exhibit. What should the network administrator explain to the technician about the cables?
The cable in Graphic A will produce more crosstalk.
41. Refer to the exhibit. What is the order of the TCP/IP Protocol Data Units as data is moved as indicated through the OSI model?
bits, frames, packets, segments, data
42. Refer to the exhibit. Which type of UTP cable should be used to connect Host A to Switch1?
43. Which technologies are considered to be LAN technologies? (Choose two.)
44. Refer to the topology in the graphic. Which characteristic does this type of topology possess? Communication continues in the event of a break in any one connection.
45. Which characteristics are common to both UDP and TCP? (Choose two.)
uses port numbers
classified as a transport layer protocol
46. A router interface has been assigned an IP address of 172.16.192.166 with a mask of 255.255.255.248. To which subnet does the IP address belong?
47. Which type of address is 192.168.170.112/28?
48. What is the decimal representation of the binary number 11111000?
49. What are important characteristics to consider when purchasing a network interface card? (Choose two.)
media used on the network system
bus used on the computer
50. Which of the following statements are correct about CSMA/CD? (Choose three.)
It is a media access method used in LANs.
When a device needs to transmit, it checks to see if the media is available.
Only one device can successfully transmit at a time.
CCNA 3.1 Semester 1 Final Exam Result Correct 100% (Option 2)
1 Which devices segment collision domains? (Choose two.)
2. Refer to the exhibit. How many collision domains are present in the topology?
3. Refer to the exhibit. An instructor in the network class has given the students the network diagram and asks the students to select the appropriate network devices. The goals are to provide a collision-free LAN environment and to provide Internet connectivity. What is the correct design?
Replace Box 1 with a hub and Box 2 with a router.
Replace Box 1 with a router and Box 2 with a bridge.
* Replace Box 1 with a Layer 2 switch and Box 2 with a router.
Replace Box 1 with a router and Box 2 with a Layer 2 switch.
Replace Box 1 with a bridge and Box 2 with a Layer 2 switch.
4. Refer to the exhibit. A network administrator attempts to increase the available bandwidth for workstation A by setting the NIC to full-duplex mode. After the configuration is changed, there are increased collisions and errors occurring. Why is this occurring in the network?
* The NIC is no longer detecting collisions.
The switch will not support full-duplex mode.
The hub will be continually producing a jam signal.
The cabling will not support bidirectional transmissions.
5. Refer to the exhibit. A network administrator is testing a connectivity issue in the network. The administrator discovers that host A cannot communicate with host B, host C, or RouterA. A ping command on host A to 127.0.0.1 succeeds. The NIC link indicator on host A is illuminated. Temporarily, the administrator removes the cable from host A and uses the LAN cable from host B to connect from host A to port 1 on the switch. While using the substitute cable, host A can communicate with host C and RouterA. At which layer of the OSI model was the problem occurring?
6. How many broadcast domains are shown in the diagram?
7. A collision has occurred on an Ethernet network. Which three statements explain the CSMA/CD process? (Choose three.)
* After the jam signal, all transmission stops for a random period.
When the collision is detected, the hosts stop transmission immediately.
When the collision is detected, the hosts stop transmission after eight microseconds.
When the backoff period expires, the hosts involved in the collision have priority to transmit.
* When the backoff period expires, each host checks to see whether the networking media is idle and then attempts to transmit.
* When the collision is detected, the hosts continue to transmit using a jam pattern for a short time to ensure that all hosts detect the collision.
8. Which of the following devices extend a collision domain? (Choose two.)
9. What should a network administrator consider when migrating to Gigabit Ethernet architecture from Fast Ethernet? (Choose three.)
* Existing NICs might need to be upgraded.
* Existing switches might need to be upgraded.
Existing NICs must support half-duplex mode.
Existing UTP wiring must be replaced with fiber.
* Existing UTP must be tested for CAT 5e compatibility.
Existing network topology must support shared media.
10. Refer to the exhibit. What must be configured on Host B to allow it to communicate with the Host C? (Choose three.)
the MAC address of RTA router interface connected to Switch 1
* a unique host IP address
the IP address of Switch 1
* the default gateway address
the MAC address of Host C
* the subnet mask for the LAN
11. Which binary number is a representation of the decimal number 248?
12. Which type of address is 18.104.22.168/29?
* broadcast address
13. Workstation A sends data to workstation B. What will have to be altered as the data passes through the router? (Choose two.)
* Layer 1 bit pattern
* Layer 2 frames
Layer 3 packets
Layer 4 segments
Layer 5 -7 data
14. Which combination of network id and subnet mask correctly identifies all IP addresses from 172.16.128.0 through 172.16.159.255?
* 172.16.128.0 255.255.224.0
15. What is the correct number of usable subnetworks and hosts for the IP network address 192.168.99.0 subnetted with a /29 mask?
6 networks / 32 hosts
14 networks / 14 hosts
* 30 networks / 6 hosts
62 networks / 2 hosts
16. Refer to the exhibit. The internetwork in the exhibit has been assigned the IP address 172.20.0.0. What would be the appropriate subnet mask to maximize the number of networks available for future growth?
17. A NIC of a computer has been assigned an IP address of 172.31.192.166 with a mask of 255.255.255.248. To which subnet does the IP address belong?
18. What are three characteristics of the TCP protocol? (Choose three.)
exchanges datagrams unreliably
is used to send IP error messages
* forces the retransmission of unacknowledged packets
* creates a virtual session between end-user applications
carries the IP address of the destination host in the TCP header
* is responsible for breaking messages into segments and reassembling them at their destination
19. A network user is using the FTP protocol to transfer data from the local host to an FTP server. The local host is also using the SNMP protocol to report the system status to the network management system. Which statement describes the communication from the host?
FTP and SNMP will use the same port number.
* FTP uses TCP to establish a session before any data is transferred.
The UDP session will reorder the SNMP data as it is received by the network management system.
The TCP protocol for the FTP transfer will use a random destination port number to the FTP server.
20. Which protocols are TCP/IP application layer protocols? (Choose two.)
21. Which technologies are considered to be WAN technologies? (Choose two.)
* Frame Relay
22. Refer to the exhibit. What is the order of the TCP/IP Protocol Data Units as data is moved as indicated through the OSI model?
data, segments, frames, packets, bits
data, packets, segments, frames, bits
* data, segments, packets, frames, bits
data, packets, frames, segments, bits
23. Refer to the exhibit. A newly hired technician has a task of terminating CAT 5 UTP cables. The network administrator visually examined the cables the technician terminated. Some of the cables have connectors as shown in the exhibit. What should the network administrator explain to the technician about the cables?
Both cables are acceptable.
* The cable in Graphic A will produce more crosstalk.
The cable in Graphic A should be used in the more critical network segments.
The cable in Graphic A is preferred because it will be easier to crimp the connector.
24. Refer to the exhibit. Which type of UTP cable should be used to connect Switch1 to Switch2?
25. When using Category 5 UTP cable, which RJ-45 pin pairs are used to exchange data between hosts on an Ethernet network?
1 and 2; 4 and 5
* 1 and 2; 3 and 6
3 and 6; 7 and 8
4 and 5; 7 and 8
26. Refer to the exhibit. Which type of cabling should be used at each of the connection points shown?
27. Refer to the exhibit. What type of cable connects the two routers together without any intermediary device?
28. Which cable diagram displays the end to end pinout for a console cable used with Cisco devices?
* Cable B
29. Which subnet masks would be valid for a subnetted Class B address? (Choose two.)
30. What type of routing is it when the network administrator manually configures a route?
31. Which statement describes a star topology?
Each host in the network is connected to a backbone cable that is terminated at both ends.
* Each host is connected to a hub or switch, either of which acts as a central point for all network connections.
Each host is directly connected to two other hosts to form a long chain of hosts.
Each host has a connection to all other hosts in the network.
32. Refer to the exhibit. The connections in the exhibit are labeled A through E. Which of these indicate WAN links? (Choose three.)
* link B
* link C
* link D
33. A technician needs to connect a FastEthernet port from a router to a FastEthernet port on a switch. The graphic shows the RJ-45 cable ends for a patch cable. What result can be expected if this cable is used for the link?
* The cable will be able to pass traffic between the devices.
The cable has reversed-pairs, which will degrade the signal quality.
The cable has split-pairs, which will increase crosstalk and create an unreliable link.
The cable has all the wires reversed, which will prevent the link lights from indicating that there is link.
34. Refer to the received frame in the exhibit. In what two ways is the information from the received frame used by a switch? (Choose two.)
192.168.10.5 is used to create an ARP request.
192.168.10.5 is used to build the forwarding table.
1234.5678.1abc is stripped from the frame header.
* 192.168.10.11 is left intact as the frame is forwarded.
The switch compares 192.168.10.11 to the addresses in the routing table to make the forwarding decision.
* To make the forwarding decision, the switch looks in its switch table for address aaaa.bbbb.cccc.
35. Which layer of the OSI model defines the process of adding the source and destination IP address to a data packet?
36. Refer to the exhibit. Workstation 1 pings the Fa0/1 interface of Router 1. Which MAC address will workstation 1 obtain during the ARP request for this communication?
37. Refer to the exhibit. What device does Device X represent in the graphic to allow PC1 to ping PC4?
Layer 2 switch
38. When the receiving workstation detects an error in the data it has received, it does not acknowledge receipt of the data. The source workstation retransmits the unacknowledged data. Which layer of the OSI model supports this process of retransmission?
39. A company has the following addressing scheme requirements: -currently has 25 subnets -uses a Class B IP address -has a maximum of 300 computers on any network segment -needs to leave the fewest unused addresses in each subnetWhat subnet mask is appropriate to use in this company?
40. What can be verified by successfully pinging the reserved loopback address on a host?
Connectivity exists between two hosts on the LAN.
* The TCP/IP stack of the local host is installed correctly.
A connection exists between a host and the default gateway.
The route a packet takes from the local host to a remote host is valid.
41. Refer to the exhibit. A company needs to attach workstation E at a point 150 meters from an existing hub. What device should be placed at location D to allow the new host to connect to the network with the least amount of latency?
42. Refer to the exhibit. Which type of Category 5 cable is used to make an Ethernet connection between Host A and Host B?
* crossover cable
43. A simplified CAM table for Switch1 is shown in the exhibit. If host A sends a frame with a destination MAC address of 66C, how does the switch process this frame?
The switch drops the frame.
The switch sends the frame out port 3.
The switch sends the frame out ports 1, 2, and 4.
* The switch sends the frame out ports 2, 3, and 4.
The switch sends the frame out ports 1, 2, 3, and 4.
44. Which of the following increases the potential for a collision to occur?
the use of an active hub instead of an intelligent hub
the use of an intelligent hub instead of an active hub
a reduction in the number of devices attached to the hub
* an increase in the number of devices attached to the hub
2 points for Option 4
45. Refer to the exhibit. Host A has been added to the network. However, host A cannot communicate with the server B or the Internet. All cables have been tested and are functioning to standards. At which layer of the OSI model is this problem occurring?
* Layer 3
46. A workstation is browsing a web server. What will be the partial contents of the segment sent from the workstation to the web server?
47. Refer to the exhibit. What is the purpose of the highlighted address?
* It allows the NIC to communicate with other devices on the same network.
It identifies which part of the IP address is to be considered the network portion.
It provides an address to which all packets that do not have a specific route are sent.
It uniquely identifies the NIC to the free token that is passed on the Ethernet network.
48. Refer to the exhibit. Host A is being manually configured for connectivity to the LAN. Which two addressing scheme combinations are possible configurations that can be applied to the host for connectivity? (Choose two.)
Address - 192.168.1.14 Gateway - 192.168.1.33
Address - 192.168.1.45 Gateway - 192.168.1.33
Address - 192.168.1.32 Gateway - 192.168.1.33
* Address - 192.168.1.82 Gateway - 192.168.1.65
Address - 192.168.1.63 Gateway - 192.168.1.65
* Address - 192.168.1.70 Gateway - 192.168.1.65
49. A user initiates three simultaneous FTP connections from the local host to the same FTP server. Which OSI layer is responsible for establishing and managing these different FTP connections?
Friday, November 13, 2009
There is two Posseblelity of Final exam test, i got this hard way .... enjoy it