Thursday, November 26, 2009

Cristiano Ronaldo Wants To Play And Win Against Barcelona

He says he doesn't care about the score as long as Madrid win.

Talismanic Real Madrid forward Cristiano Ronaldo says he wants to play in and win El Clasico against Barcelona at Camp Nou on Sunday.

Speaking after his return to first team action in the 1-0 win over FC Zurich, after an eight week lay-off, Ronaldo admitted that he felt tired and also praised the work of the team in his absence as Madrid lead in their UEFA Champions League group and the Primera Liga.



"I'm tired because I am not yet 100 per cent. In fact, it's almost like starting from scratch but I'm sure that I can return to being the player I was before injury, scoring goals, playing good matches and helping the team," he said afterwards, as quoted by AS.

"I want to play El Clasico if I feel good, but that [if he plays or not] is the responsibility of the coach [Manuel Pellegrini]. In any event, with me or without me, the team is first in the league and in the Champions League group."

Ronaldo also added that the scoreline against Barca is not important as long as his side wins. A win would leave Madrid four points clear at the top of the league going into December.
"Good players always have to play. Today I didn't score but I hope to do in the next game. I do not mind if it's 1-0, 2-0 or 2-1. The important thing is to win," he declared.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Cheap Web Hosting | Top Web Hosts | Great HTML Templates from easytemplates.com.